Most people think of their closet as just another place to cram things into…but it doesn’t have to be chaos! My closet is my secret hiding place… It’s the one place I can retreat, take a private call, have my quiet time, or drop my clothes at the end of a busy day and no one will judge me. No matter how much space you have to work with, it’s time to transition your closet to fall and make it your favorite functional space!
Organizing is not necessarily my gift, but I so love the feeling of de-cluttering, simplifying and being organized… Keeping in mind, “If you don’t see it, you won’t wear it”, I have a few simple steps to get you started:
- Take everything out… For me, I found it easier to remove one side of my closet at a time, onto a rolling rack.
- Time to deep clean, dust and de-clutter… You’ll be amazed at what you’ll find!
- Invest in matching hangers… (This can be done over a period of time). You may choose wooden, clear, felt or Tiffany blue! Make it your own! This gives your closet a more professional, finished look.
- Begin to discard…I know it’s hard, but simply ask yourself, “Do I LOVE this?” If you have to pause to think about it, don’t put it back in your closet! It’s usually that piece that gets pushed to the back anyway. Roll those discards out of your closet immediately and donate to our favorite charity!
- Invest in inexpensive crates and/or baskets… I keep my out-of-season shoes and handbags at the top of my closet. The baskets are on lower shelves to easily reach accessories, scarves, belts, hats, etc. Keep your favorite shoes at the front of your closet so you can grab them on your way out!
- Now it’s time to organize…Coordinate by color and by groupings; dresses, skirts, pants, tops, jeans & t-shirts… You’ll be amazed at what you’ll find that can mix and match! It will be easy to see where you might need to fill in some core fall pieces. This is where we can help @ Donna’s! Our fashion family is here to work together to get your fall wardrobe underway!
- Take advantage of our Donna’s Dollars, Saving $25 off your purchase of $100 or more on regular priced items now through September!
Ladies, mark your calendars! We have some amazing events you won’t want to miss!!!
- Donna’s Heart Card donations are in progress! This year, we are donating to Joy in the Cause; you get to save 20% off one item every other month for the entire year!
- September 27-29 Runway Tulsa Style Show – featuring Donna’s styles on Friday’s runway and register to win 2 free tickets for Saturday’s finale 🙂
- October 4, Thursday – Joseph Ribkoff Pop-Up Trunk Show. Meet Matt from 10am-2pm only! Featuring only the “HOTS” for fall!
- October 12, Thursday– Fall Styling Event featuring professional stylist, Lisa K & Nordstrom of Dallas! Fall makeovers with Trish McEvoy make-up artists and Jo Malone Fragrance Bar. Call us today to schedule your free makeover @ 918-299-6565.
- Great things are happening this fall @ Donna’s! Come see us today!
LIVE, LOVE & SHOP LOCAL!